What to Expect
A step-by-step collaboration to help you achieve your financial goals.
The Charter Oak Capital Management Financial Planning Process
Our mission at Charter Oak Capital Management is to provide our clients with the highest quality financial planning, keeping your personal goals and values at the forefront of everything we do.
We will work hand in hand with you to craft your customized financial plan in five simple steps.
- A sit-down conversation. Our first step is to get to know you. Once we’ve reviewed your financial documents, we’ll sit down and have a conversation so that we can learn more about who you are and where you’d like to see yourself over the short and long term. We’ll ask questions about your goals and make sure we understand what’s most important to you as we begin to envision your financial future.
- Designing your personalized plan. After our meeting, we’ll put our analytical side to work, and expertly translate your vision into a personalized financial plan that will help you achieve each of your goals, step by step.
- Understanding your plan inside-out. Once we’ve drafted a plan, we’ll sit down with you and review it together using our interactive platform. You’ll have a chance to ask as many questions as you want, until you’re fully confident that you understand its various moving parts. We’ll also run through a range of “what if” scenarios, to show how your plan can adapt to alternate futures.
- Taking the first steps. When we’ve finalized your plan, we’ll help you take the first concrete steps to get it working by consolidating your financials affairs into one simple to read document and managing your investment assets.
- Following up. We’ll meet with you on a regular basis to track the progress of your financial plan and review the performance of your investment portfolios, making adjustments when they seem prudent and add value.